Wednesday, February 27, 2013

On Wednesdays during Lent, except for Ash Wednesday and Wednesday of Holy Week, St. Mary's has a soup supper. The soup's good, the fellowship is better.

I'm a St. Mary's guy. I live about 5 minutes in one direction from St. John Vianney in Bettendorf, and about the same distance in the other direction from Our Lady of Lourdes (yes, Bettendorf does seem to have had a thing about French saints.) On my way to weekend Mass, in order to get to St. Mary's I drive past two other parishes: Sacred Heart Cathedral (east side of Davenport, above the hill), and St. Anthony's (downtown.) I like St. Mary's for several reasons. More on that some other time.

I have a headache now. I've had a couple of episodes of pretty severe and long-lasting vertigo recently. I recently had an MRI in connection, and I'm told there is evidence of an old stroke. It affected the left side of my brain. What I don't know is how old, and what the damage was. Was that what was going on in those episodes of vertigo? I don't know for sure, but it would seem reasonable to think so. Anyway, neurologist on March 18.

Headache and tired. 'Nuff for today. Thanks for the company!

No comments:

Post a Comment