Monday, March 18, 2013

Medical stuff

I spent half my day at work today. The other half was in medical facilities. If I'm asked, "Who's your doctor?" my answer is, "Who isn't?"

For those curious:

The first appointment was with the Diabetes Care Center. Yes, I should do a better job in taking my meds; I'm told they work better that way. I should also monitor my blood glucose better. No news there.

The news, such as it is, came from my visit to the neurologist. Dr. Wright had the images from the MRI that I had last month. It showed images of my brain. I was relieved to know that I still have one.

I saw the evidence of the old stroke that had been discussed. It affected a small part of the brain, toward the rear. The stroke would not have produced the vertigo I've experienced. It's in the part of the brain that would affect vision. It could have produced no symptoms at all, or it could have had an effect on my vision. But not vertigo.

So we're back to thinking inner ear. I'm taking the meds I need to take; I'm doing what I need to do. The approach now: steady as she goes, and if I have another episode of vertigo, get immediately to an emergency room. I'm told that, while the vertigo is occurring, the eyes act in ways that can help to clarify whether it's an ear issue or a brain issue.

Thanks for hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment