Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Some pictures are just too heartbreaking for words.

 
 
Martin Richard was 8 years old before this year's Boston marathon. I'm sure the punk-ass coward who set off the bomb is taking delight in his work even now.
 
Two of my grandsons are nine. I so see them in this picture.
 
 
 
Hadiyah Pendleton. Great kid, All-American kid, a highly intelligent kid, a kid of great character. She would make any family proud. She and her band played at the President's inaugural. It had to have been a highlight of her young life. I'm glad she got to experience that, because days later she was shot dead. Someone thought she was in a rival gang.
 
And the pic is just too heartbreaking.
 
What have we all missed, when we lose a boy who chose his message to any and all: "No more hurting people." What have we lost when we lose a young lady about whom Michelle Obama would say, "I was Hadiyeh, and Hadiyeh was me"?
 
What are we losing?
 

Chicago police confirm 'tragic number' of 500 homicides

December 28, 2012|By Jeremy Gorner and Peter Nickeas | Tribune reporters
 
What are we doing to ourselves? Hadiyeh, Martin, Newtown - kids. Kids. May God be good to all of you. And may She have mercy on us.
 
Do you have answers? I'd love to hear them. I know I surely don't.
 
Do you have an answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment